Thursday, November 12, 2009

Three Cups Of Tea Assignment

I could make sacrifices, but it would be hard. First, I would not see my mom/dad very often which would be a big and hard change. I think that not seeing your mom and dad would be hard because you would not really have anyone to look up too. This is similar to how Amira feels because in the book it says Amira feels like the world is getting more time with her dad then she is. Another hard thing would be you would never know if you mom/dad was going to come back in good health or not. This is hard because it adds a lot of stress to your life. In the questions and answers Amira talks about how her dad is always in danger and how her family worries about him. These are two of the main sacrifices that someone with a dad like Greg Mortenson would have to make. As you can see it would not be easy but I think I could do it.

9 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the part where it would be hard with getting used to not having either your mom or your dad not there. Eventually you would get used to not having your mom or dad there. I think that you have a better sense of getting things done when you're by yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree but I think I could cope a little easier because parents' without their children is terrible to them so they wouldn't leave you for very long isn't something they would be willing to do. But I can see why you would not want them to go. I like how you used that many examples in the post. Also, totally agree with your thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harel,
    Nice job documenting evidence from the story! It is vital to note that Amira felt left out of her dad's life and that the world was getting more of his attention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good examples,and using evidence from the text. You really got into personal life with family

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you pointed out the diesease factor because I haven't seen that on other peoples blogs and the fact that in the book lots of babies die from malnutrition which related back to your point. The thing about stress was good to because greg had lots of days when he wanted to just breakdown and cry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job Harel, one thing i really like, to start is hat you say dad/mom. It does not say it has to be you're dad and i think that it is cool/smart how you used mom and dad because either one could do this. I also agree how it would be hard to not know if he/she was going to come back healthy. Also that was a really good example from the Q and A

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that it would be hard especially if you spend time with your parents all the time and then all of the sudden they start going half way across the world. and what you said about the world having more time with her than she had would be really hard to deal with. Nice evidence from the book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with your thoughts Harel. I like how you pointed out everything that could potentially hurt Greg while he his working. I also thought you did a really good job taking examples straight from the book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with the fact that not seeing your dad would be very hard!But Amira sort of has someone to look up to.Her dad does so much for other people when he doesn't have to.She can look up to him and what he does.

    ReplyDelete